Is this normal?

dpnshnks

Non-member
I really wish I could get a picture of this; I was looking at a piece of acro. that I bought a while ago. Lately I've noticed a lot of life that is in there (a crab/copepods/etc.) and I find it amazing that there is a little ecosystem that is protected from all the preying fish in the tank.

To get to the point, I looked at it and saw something with eyes swimming in there. I saw it for the second time and there is definitely a little fish living in my acro. Maybe the Dispar anthia I picked up a month ago was pregnant, other than that I can't think of where the little guy could've come from!

Anyone else got fish growing up in their SPS?

Eric

I bought a tank teardown last year. It came with 50lb of LR, fish, equipment... Among one of the fish that was supposed to be in the tank was a Pseudochromis (Dottyback). It was never found. The LR was put in 5 gal buckets for transport with just a couple inches of water. Late that evening during the acclimation and most everything was in the tank I started adding the extra LR. Guess who jumps out of the LR. I don't know how he made it as it was in bucket of LR for about 5 hrs. He must have had a pocket of water to nest in for the ride. I still have it, but it only comes out when it's time for feedings.
Rich

Back