Jumpin' into the salty side!

toddhgr

Non-member
Hi Guys and Gals. My Name is Todd and I've kept fish for most of my life. I'm a Mod on a New England based fishkeeping site and I consider myself pretty well versed in freshwater. However saltwater is a whole new thing for me. Over the next little bit I'll slowly gathering the gear and knowledge to convert my 265 Tanganyikan tank over to salt. So this is just a thank you in advance for all of the info I'm sure to pick up in the near future.

Don't toss the cichlids! Eventually I want to have a Tanganyikan and Amazonian Biotopes again...but not for many years...on top of my reefs. Right now I can only afford to keep one tank, so I chose a reef to grow things out for my future tank, but I wish I still had my cichlids.

Anyways, welcome to the club! Where are you located?

Welcome to the club, And where the heck is Colrain? Come to a monthly meeting some time, Lots of great people to meet and knowledge to gather.

Thank you for the welcome guys! Colrain is pretty far out in the western end of the state, about 45 min from New York and 5min from Vermont. I would love to someday come to a meeting, but it's going to take some major planning.

Welcome to the BRS! Ya thats like a 3 hour trip to a meeting you could make a weekend trip of it over the summer.

This is a pic of the tank as it sits right now. Soon the plants and rocks should be gone, and hopefully replaced by base rock.

moto_0067.jpg

you have never treated that tank with copper ever have you? That stuff stays in the silicone & leaches out... It's very toxic to corals....

Just a FYI to help ya not start on the wrong foot....btw...thanks for the pic...
B

Back