kalk paste

molsen187

Non-member
i was wondering how to make this exactly. i have some mojanoes and aptasia that i want to get rid of and this seems to be the best way. i have a jar of kalkwasser that i was going to use at one point but never did. is this what i want to use? how much should i use? thanks for any advice.

I always make mine up to look like whole milk or cream. I do about a tablespoon of kalk for about 1/4 of a drinking cup of RO/DI water...

thanks. what do you use to apply it? i have a syringe like thing from an old alk test, could i use that to apply it?

thanks. what do you use to apply it? i have a syringe like thing from an old alk test, could i use that to apply it?

Mix up a paste just thin enough to pass threw the syringe. About like tooth paste. If your using this in the tank, shut off your pumps/power heads while applying kalk paste. Be very careful not to get any on anything you don't want to kill.
Just cover the little suckers completely. In my experience one treatment normally works.

Peppermint shrimp usually are good for removing aiptasia in hard to reach places. Majano's are another story, good luck.

i do not want peppermints they have been know to eat lps, specifically acans from what i've read on here. it doesn't happen to everyone but i'd rather not risk getting my acans eaten:) i'm lucky enough that the aptasia is out in the open enough for me to get it.

i do not want peppermints they have been know to eat lps, specifically acans from what i've read on here. it doesn't happen to everyone but i'd rather not risk getting my acans eaten:)

Good call :p

i'm lucky enough that the aptasia is out in the open enough for me to get it.

Just a heads up that there are prob a bunch in the cracks that you won't be able to see them so you might have them reappear in the future...

i'll keep my eyes open for them in the future thanks. i'm hoping i'm getting it early enough there is one pretty good sized one that i don't know how i missed and like 3-4 smaller ones around it so hopefully thats it,but probably not.

Back