Kangaroo 324 Dosing Pumps

Received my pump yesterday and I'm dosing kalk today!! I can't believe how easy this was to set up (Dennis, thanks for the link to the instructions - I never would have figured it out on my own). But once you have the instructions in front of you, it's a piece of cake. I used a Poland Springs jug (the one with the spigot on the bottom). I epoxied the tubing from the pump set into the spigot, set the pump, and then I was done! What a great find. Thanks Noel!

Daire

Do you have to specifically use a Sherwood Medical tubing set to make it work? And if so, is there any place in the area where I can walk in and buy one? I got the pump too and noticed the "no SEt" error when I tried to use it as is. Nice pump BTW, and an incredible buy for $50!

I am by no means an expert, but it doesn't seem that any old pump set will work. I thought an earlier post indicated that one of the benefits of these pumps is that the pump sets are still being widely sold. You should check any local medical supply store. Also, I saw that someone bought a bunch on ebay for really cheap. I ordered mine right from Philip at Novatek Medical.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I could not find anyone local so I called Philip and ordered 5 sets at $2 a piece. The cost of postage is almost the same as that of the items.

Maybe we could have a group buy on the pumps sets. I want to order a bunch of extras. Does anyone need pump sets? Or how about the pumps? Scott, did you ever place this order? If not, I'd be willing to do it. We could order pumps and pump sets at the same time to save on shipping. Let me know. I could order and arrange to bring to the December meeting.

Daire

Pump Sets

I don't think that any old pump set will work, not unless your into modifying things..

As to sources, most medical supply retailers can either get them for you or might even have them in stock, however, the price will be outrageous! It is after all a piece of medical equipment.

I bought mine on Ebay, just do a search and make sure you get pump sets for the Kangaroo.

I think I paid something like $45.00 for a case of 30.

IF you are you are going to use a jug, Kent AquaDose etc. to hold your solution, then it doesn't matter what "size" pump set you buy, i.e. 1000 cc/ml or 500 cc/ml, since your going to modify the set anyway (see my instructions in the original posting).

I bought my pumps back in June, and I'm still using the original pump sets, which have been running 24X7 since that time. The only thing I have done in that time is to rinse out the pump set for the ALK twice with vinegar due to clogging (just pumped a 100 cc/ml of vinegar through it at 300 cc/ml).

In a nutshell, get your pump sets on Ebay and they last a LONG time.

One last note, the source for the pumps may also have the sets but I have no idea what he charges for them, but it was more than the typical Ebay price. He may allow you to buy a small quantity with your pump, or even entertain the idea of a larger amount as a group buy. Last I knew, he only had the 500 cc/ml sets, no biggie.... if your modifying them.

Regards
Noel

i am looking for a dosing pump for my kalk/top off

how did this order work out?
is it a good product?

any comments, opinions, etc...

hm

Back