Kit DI-4 adapter for sump

JPags

BRS Member
Had to print an adapter to get the Klir di-4 working on my frag tank

Need to print it a bit thicker to make sure it seals all the way around. Also had to make a rubber gasket to help with seal but seems to be working great

Next I’m working on one for my Red Sea XL 300

Attachments

• F655E3C9-A160-4CAC-9F6A-DB4BC7F6570C.jpeg
    F655E3C9-A160-4CAC-9F6A-DB4BC7F6570C.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 81
So after playing around with trying to move the water level sensor and it being too much of a pain to get positioned right (I was using a magnetic mount that fit the sensor) I decided to try something different. These require the water level to rise 1.5 inches so if your sump design does not accomodate that they don’t work correctly.

I made this adapter which just bypasses their entire controller and makes the motor run when plugged in, I could have just spliced the wires but wanted to leave it incase I need to ever sell this. Now I connect it to my apex and run it for 5 seconds every day. It rolls a portion of the filter up each day so I don’t have to mess with sensors or wait for the filter to get dirty enough to trigger the sensor

The other advantage is changing will be predictable and I can adjust it based on the aquarium load. Hoping I can time this so I can change easily without removing unit at all

Now to put the second one in my Red Sea sump

IMG_0182.jpeg

Back