Lighting questions for a 92 Corner

clamm

Nothing to nobody
I have this 92 corner now. I really like the color of the 2 10K coralife MH. 2x250se. But I want a day/night effect and some actinic supplementation. I cant fit anything very long. 24" is ideal, but can squeeze 1 36" and 1 or 2 24"'s

what do you recommend?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 222
2nd pic showing more of the canopy they have to fit in with 2 250w mh's and the reflectors.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 225
since your only keeping softies, thend i'd NOT look into MH.
i would suggest a T series bulb (5,8,12)

Im sure I will keep acros too eventually. I think tank will be a mixed one, but mainly softies.

Casey, I've got nothign to offer in terms of supplemental lighting, but wanted to let you know that the 92 looks awesome. Great job!

Why not go down to one 250 de, and add 2 24" VHO along the back edges of the canopy? 2x250de sounds like an awful lot of light for mostly softies.

I think im going to do a mixed tank eventually, but will start out with softies.

Thanks! canopy still isn't complete, the birch part is going to be stained to match the stand, but it did come out very nice. Not the easiest canopy to build. Im very happy the way it came out.

go ab's

I'd say start up one 400w AB bulb with supplemental actinics if you feel it's necessary. One nice 10k AB should give you the look you want as well as providing food for your hermatipic invertabrates. Whatever you do, don't stop having mother****ing fun. Hope things work out.

hehe, i kept my 2 x 250w 10K's still needs come bulbs, im using old coralife's and 24w t5's for actinics.

Back