Live Sand Help

sledge75

Non-member
I have a new 38 Gallon tank up and running with a couple inches of southdown. I need some live sand to get it started. I posted to the Rock/Plant forum to see if anyone local would be willing to give me a few cup fulls but haven't received any response. I've also called a few LFSs but none sell LS. I'm getting impatient to get things going. I was wondering if anyone knows of local places where I can pick up some sand or if anyone's had any experience with the Live sand activator from ipsf.com...
http://ipsf.com/#anchor47277

Also, while I'm on the subject, while looking into getting some live sand I've heard a few more complaints about Southdown. I had seen some during earlier research but most liked it and said the sand storms calmed down after the sand went "live." Any opinions? If I'm going to change anything I'd rather do it now while the tank is fresh.

My sandbed is still very new, so it probably won't help too much, but you are welcome to a cup if you want it. I'm sure there is someone near you willing to spare a cup.

The sandbed/ no sandbed debate is ongoing. Crushed coral is pretty universally unliked because of nitrate problems. I put well rinsed southdown in my new setup and have no storm problems.

your welcome to a cup of mine. I am also taking down a 10G tank that has been up and running for a year with sand and live rock. Your welcome to as much of that as you want. Trouble is I live in W. Roxbury so kind of far.

if you can meet me at my work on my lunch break or before I start work or before I leave, I can hook you up with a cup or two.

pm me to arrange.

Back