Looking for a metalworker / welder around Boston

RMc

Non-member
Hi all, I'd like to build a light stand and need to find a local metalworker / welder that can work with 1" steel tubing.

Any recommendations / experiences?

1" steel tubing would start to get pretty heavy what exactly are you doing with it?

Supporting a light fixture / running the wires through the tubing. I'll toss up a design later.

Some very quick sketches. I'll need portions to be telescoping / break apart so that wiring can be run to the 6 satelite LEDs and the central box. Thinking steel - if not all around then at least for the rear hanger.

FhC37J6.jpg

f9AACKs.jpg

2TKqFor.jpg

LHIb8F8.jpg

Attachments

• LED Steel Hanger Front.jpg
    LED Steel Hanger Front.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 172
  • LED Steel Hanger Side.jpg
    LED Steel Hanger Side.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 172
Quick note - the steel pieces above are 1.25" for the main arm and 1" for the frame directly around the light.

Looking for any kind of suggestions on how to simplify this / make it look better as well. I do like the suspended look from above and would love if the top piece could be a nice big arch instead of right angles.

What is the box in the middle? Why not hang the lights from the ceiling? Like the pendant light fixtures they sell.

Box in the middle is 2x 24" t5's with a trough reflector. I live in an apartment with 10' ceilings that I probably shouldn't drill, and I'm hoping to hide the wires in the fixture's support. What might not be clear in the image is that the parts shown suspended below the metalwork would mount flush to the bottom.

Back