Looking for a video to install T5 retro kit

reefstarter

Non-member
I am sure eventually I will figure this out , but I am a plumber NOT an electrician lol. all I need is to see it done once and I will be confident . I don't want to wreck the thing trying to do it . The directions kinda stink

Wiring t5 makes my head hurts, that is why I use metal halide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was planning on 4 bulbs with 2 ballast , I might just install 2 bulbs since I will have 3 250 watt halides as well. the schematic helped me a bit . and I didn't know I needed bulbs to install this thing . ( now I do ) so I ordered bulbs should be here by saturday sunday the tank will be stocked and all lit up :eek:)

How big is the tank? Stick with the 4 bulb configuration. You know that if you only do two bulbs you are going to wish you did four. lol Depending on the ballast you have you may have extra wires so just put a wire nut on them because they are not needed. It is not that hard to wire it up.

220 gallon tank , starfire front single overflow with herbie drain ( love this drain ) I will have pics up this weekend time permitting

I ordered i pre wired ballast off of ebay. Paired it up with ati bulbs and reflectors could not be happier.

Wish i could post pics easily would show you my set up

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Back