Looking to do a clean up

Mad Reefer

Non-member
Hello all

Well, after all is said and done, My tank crash has left me with My pair of Clowns and an anenome. Couple of Brown polys and maybe a few Zoas ( I had hundreds).

It is time for some changes to the system. I was wondering if you guys think a Po4 reactor is a good idea,and what you would reccomend for around 75 gallon system. I have always had problem with slightly higher than normal Po4. Of course my skimmer has been goint nuts with all the die off. I am getting a diaton bloom right now.

It will probably be a few weeks before I can start to rebuild, But can I safely add a new clean up crew now to help speed things up? And what works best?

Thanks to all Rob

Right now Po4 at 2
Rites at>1
Rates at >1
Temp 80

phos reactor is a great idea... i recommend the BRS ones as they are built much better than the rest, and you can change the plumbing out to normal 1/2" pvc if you would like, and use a small mag drive or a pump of a little better quality and push, than those silly maxijets...

if you have been doing water changes, and once your nitrates dont register at all, i would say your fine with a cleanup crew up... however what that clean up consist of, is a matter of opinion... i myself love emerald crabs, turbo snails, and the larger red legged hermits... but many will disagree with my opinion on that... its really up to you... if you have sand, black sand sifting cucumbers do an incredible job on your sand... and nassurus snails, the large ones, are always of great benefit in many ways... GL

Back