Looks like someone will be busy in the coming weeks

Leadfootedracer

Non-member
Like a kid on Christmas...

Now, to get all the parts to get this stuff running and installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458656887.738994.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458656898.206605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458665124.170564.jpg

Got what I think is everything I need to get this stuff going. Got the threaded adapter and tee for the pump outlet, as well.

Still need to figure out what I want to use as an ATO reservoir and pump, as well as some form of filter for the dc2000 intake. Open to suggestions.

fair warning. I see the apex there and what I assume are temp and ph probes. A ph probe is supposed to be kept wet. It may need to be replaced.

What should I store my pH electrode in and why ?

pH electrodes need to be kept wet in order to keep the glass sensitive part in good condition. If the glass sensitive part dries out for more than 6 months, the pH electrode will die. If it dries out for a few months, it can be regenerated by soaking into storage solution overnight.

The storage solution brings and keeps a constant ion activity in the sensing part that will assure fast response and accurate readings. Always store your pH electrode after your series of tests are done. Electrodes that are not stored into storage solution will show slow response and fluctuations in readings.

NEVER STORE YOUR pH ELECTRODE INTO DISTILLED WATER.

Many people think that pure water is good for pH electrodes. This is wrong. Pure water actually kills pH electrodes by sucking its electrolyte out of the reference chamber. Pure water is excellent for rinsing between samples, but armful for storage purposes. If you are out of storage solution, a pH 4 buffer can be used for a few weeks. Long term storage into pH buffers is not recommended as they contain phosphate.

^This. I got a used (dry) PH probe with my used reefkeeper. Used the calibration solution exactly at instructed and it reads my PH in the 2's. LOL Needless to say a used PH probe that may have been kept dry will most likely need to be replaced.

I use a fish tank with glass lid as my ATO. You can usually find tanks for cheap used or on petxo $1/gallon sales, and a glass lid can be bought or ordered from any glass shop for cheap. Mine is cubed and holds 5g for a 48g with 15g sump and I am hoping will last me about a week.

Yes, those are temp and pH probes. I dropped the probes in the tank today to see where they stood. The temp reads .3 degrees hotter than my current thermometer and the pH probe reads .21 LOWER than my APi test kit. I have calibration solution on the way. It was dry when I got it, but am unsure how long it was left dry. The guy did say it was about 2 years old, so I do plan on replacing it very soon.

This is how far I got today:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458767444.817334.jpg

All that's running on the RKE is the lights right now. I've still got to pull the sump out and re-wire the whole cabinet to my liking. Programming this thing is quite simple with the computer, I'd say. Hope I can get it all figured out.

This is a before picture:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458767435.448595.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458767435.448595.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 516
Also, I've got to re-measure my spot, but I'm hoping to get something 10+ gallons in there. LoL. I'm lazy and don't want to bother with water every few days. I want to be closer to 7-10 days on topping off the top off reservoir.

Back