Love my new fish

Docstach

Non-member
I really shouldn't do this as it is pretty early but they have both been in my display for a couple of weeks now and have been doing well. I picked up a red tail/sargassum trigger and a Singapore angel from DD. I have always loved the singapore angel but never thought about getting one since they seem hard to get to eat. After being assured this one was eating frozen I decided to give it a chance. I am glad I did, he/she is eating frozen mysis and reef frenzy like a champ. Doesn't seem to interested in nori yet. It has nosed around a couple of corals but the only things I have seen it actually try was a candy cane and my meteor shower. I just moved the candy cane and I am actually hoping this will slow the growth of the meteor shower as it is growing out of control. :) The trigger arrived in really bad shape. In fact I almost tossed him as I was sure it was dead (see previous thread for pics). I am sure glad I didn't as now it seems to be doing great! It eats anything and everything as far as food goes and hasn't bothered anything.

I forgot to turn my blues down on my LEDs so the pics aren't great.

I love the trigger... you have inverts? If you do let me know how your trigger works out wth them. I'm trying to get a bonded pair in my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw good to know your still in the hobby... I only know about 3 guys here from east Boston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. It is actually a lot bigger than I was originally hoping for, but so far so good. I have some snails and hermit crabs and he/she doesn't seem interested yet. I also have a rogue peppermint shrimp I hope he makes a snack. It has been hiding in my tank for over a year and every time I try to add a new anemone it makes a meal out of it. The only thing I noticed, and it may have nothing to do with the trigger, is that I have had a couple of SPS branches recently break off. It is a clean break like someone snapped it off with no other surrounding tissue damage. The only thing I can think of is the trigger decided it didn't like that branch or there was a piece of food stuck to it and the branch was broke in an attempt to get the food.

Yeah, I am still in East Boston. Have moved up to a 125g but still living in the same location.

Here is a better pic from DD. It's fins our still recovering a little from the poor shape it was in when I received it but it is getting a lot better.

Back