Lysol and effects

nvmy22s

Non-member
The wife went crazy with the lysol spray. I noticed the skimmer was crazy and some odd bubbles. anenome had closed up and fish where swimming by the surface. I caught it pretty quick. Opened the windows, I did a 5 gallon water change thats all I had on hand, this is a 20 gallon tank. I recently ran out of carbon so I will not have any till the am when I can get out. I put in a phos absorbing pad its all I have on hand.

The anenome has opened up, fish are looking happier.

Anything I should be worried about? Or further steps to be taken?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions you may have.

I'd vote for something like chemipure blue. It has carbon but also has ion exchange resins in there. Might take out more of whatever made it into the tank.

Does anyone know if this will have an affect on the bacteria in the tank. Or would it have had to been a massive amount.

Okay I know you guys are probably not on the cleaning thing. No aerosols. Try to buy pump bottles. And everything goes onto rag or towel only. Aerosols and tanks very bad. Lots of better cleaners. Lysol pitiful. Use vinegar spray which is great. Disinfect. I'm old school raised boys so yuck. Floors counters glass mirrors vinegar only. Ya it stinks but when smell gone everything disinfected and clean. Won't harm tank at all.

Back