Male skunk clown jumped

I'm still very sad about losing the male clown, but sights like this sure make me feel better. I never expected them to be sharing the anemone and sticking so close to each other tonight. I'm glad I took a chance and got the new guy today.

Attachments

• DSC02040.JPG
    DSC02040.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 103
I got the new male at Aquarium gallery. He had been in that first upper tank for ages. The very long length of time he had been there is the reason I risked putting him in without a QT. Of course he could be incubating something deadly from other fish which have been in that tank, but I took that risk with the chance of preserving the breeding cycle. Once skunks stop breeding they very often do not start again for years.

They have not been cleaning the rock like they were last night. We'll see today what she does. The male seems agitated which is a good sign, but the female is just hanging out.

The female mandarin looks great this morning though. much better after releasing some eggs.

Cindy,
Sorry to hear about the loss. But on a positive note, glad to see that the new little guy seems to be fitting in.

Good luck!

Jamison

Back