Marineandreef.com

new2saltyfish

Non-member
:mad:
Recently purchased a coralife 4x24 watt t5 fixture from marine and reef.com When i got it, the packaging inside was all torn up as if it was a used light that they shipped me. A few pieces were falling off but it was just trim. I took it out of the box, put it on the tank, and the fans were humming loud as if stuff was stuck inside andthe lights were dim and awful colored. I got this on friday, put it on the tank for all of 30 seconds, and put it back in the box. I called this morning to return it and the owner told me "since you put it on the tank it's used and we can't take it back"...I had to put it on the tank to see what it looked like, are you kidding me! How would i know it worked like junk and the fans were broken if i didn't turn it on! Needless to say i will never be using marineandreef.com ever again! BUYER BEWARE!!! I've bought from Drfostersmith.com before, returned, and NEVER had 1 issue. This company is JUNK! they also have aroun 4 different alias'. What does that tell you?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Never ordered from them before but their return policy does say "To accept a return on a product we must be able to sell the product again as a NEW PRODUCT."

Not that I in any way agree with them.. I think that's a crappy policy. They should stand behind the products that they sell..

As much as it sucks, I would follow up with the actual manufacture to at least get a new unit that will have properly functioning fans..

I found this info on their page that may assist you

"We guarantee that products will work out-of-the-box. All out-of-the-box problems must be reported within a week of the customer receiving the product. Any problems that arise after initial use are covered under the manufacturer's warranty. To contact a manufacturer please refer to our Manufacturer Warranty & Contact Info page."
http://www.marineandreef.com/Articles.asp?ID=125

Coralife (aka Central Aquatics & Energy Saver Unlimited)
Web site: http://coralifeproducts.com
Tel: 888.255.4527
Tech Support Email: [email protected]
Tech Support Email: [email protected]
Warranty Email: [email protected]
Address:
5401 W. Oakwood Park Drive
Franklin, WI 53132

Manufacturer's Warranty:
Calcium Reactors - 1 year
CP Series Circulation Pumps - 1 year
Light Fixtures - 1 year