Moving 120G tank yo new house - need advise.

Measure the opening haha! You should be ok with a 120. Use blankets to slide it. Windex the "grip points" so your hands stick to the clean glass much better.

Try to rent some good suction cups handles from a glass company. They where a life saver when I moved my 120 rimmles.

Try to rent some good suction cups handles from a glass company. They where a life saver when I moved my 120 rimmles.

I will agree it came out of my house LOL. I couldnt believe the difference having these made. When I got my new tank I went to a local glass company and tried to rent them. He wouldn't rent them, but allowed me to use them for the night. He said he wasn't in the rental business but would help me out. I bought a couple cheap ones from Harbor Freight Tools. I was a little nervous because they were about $14ea. I used them to pick the tank up once it was in my living room, and they worked great. I wouldn't trust them to carry up my stairs but to pick it up they worked. I would also have plenty of correct temp water in case you have an issue, and lots of help, and more time than you think it will take.

Good Luck Derek

Last edited:
Back