MP10 just died, considering 2 Jebao Rw 4 (2) (input please)

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
so my MP10 just died lastnight, tried to take it apart and see what is wrong and apparently water or something had gotten into it and it was in pretty bad shape (dry side)

so thinking about getting 2 Jebao RW4's. its for a 40 breeder and eventually a 75/90 when i can afford to upgrade. i like the RW4 because they are smaller, and seem like it'd be plenty of flow.......

any input? plan to buy tomorrow hopefully......
anyone running the RW pumps, you like them?

I had a MP40w in my 75RR. I upgraded my tank to a 120RR and replaced the MP with an MaxSpect Gyre XF150. The difference was night & day. If you can afford the 130 version, go for it. It will grow with you when you move up in tank size. Just my 2 cents. I actually order a second one so I can do alternating currents.

I'd never by jebao again. I've got 2 rw4s and they suck. They ramp down on their own randomly and you Gotta unplug them and plug them back in to get them working again. I'd recommend spending the cash and getting a new vortech

i cant find a used mp10 or mp20, and i need flow........i wont be able to afford a new one......

What parts do you need exactly for the MP10? I do have some stuff laying around and can take a look if you need something.

Although they do have a small footprint, they do make a lot of noise compared to my Tunze which is running in the same tank.

i need the dryside for a MP10. i opned mine up and the screws and everything were rusted inside (the dry side)........

id love to have a MP40, but cant afford one underh202long

If you are upgrading and on a budget then go w. the rw-8 or 15. I use the vortech for the convenience of removing the wetside for cleaning, no wires.

I have the Jebao RW8 (four of those) and they have been working PERFECTLY since day 1 (some are 1 1/2 year old and others 1 year). I also have 1 of the old model of the RW8 that has been working for 2 year. NEVER AN ISSUE !!!

CHEERS !!!!

Ps.....LOL :) I wrote with capital letters to bring the attention of all the guys that have Jebao and do not have issues beside the logic ones due to use. Like you.

Last edited:
Long story shot, if you want to buy JeBao products, buy them on Amazon instead of anywhere else. There is a reason why some JeBao products fail in short time but I can't post here.

I have used multiple of their WP series with great results. (2 of the 10s, 1 of the 40s) worked perfectly for over a year or two.
I have also used multiple of their RW series and each and every one of them (3 of the 4s and 1 of the 8s) failed.

I can't say if that is coincidence or not. Not pushing for or against the company, just wanted to voice in my experience for those who may want to consider this.

With that said, I will be running a Jebao RW series in my 48g. But only because I cannot afford a Maxspect Gyre (YET) and do I have plans of getting one eventually.

Vortech I will never order from ever again. I was not impressed with their quality nor their price. I had 2 MP10s fail on the dry side and while customer service was fantastic, it did leave me running a back up powerhead twice for a week each time.

I'd imagine the quiet drive series is better now.

Last edited:
I have used multiple of their WP series with great results. (2 of the 10s, 1 of the 40s) worked perfectly for over a year or two.
I have also used multiple of their RW series and each and every one of them (3 of the 4s and 1 of the 8s) failed.

I can't say if that is coincidence or not. Not pushing for or against the company, just wanted to voice in my experience for those who may want to consider this.

Interesting - I had 2 WPs die. i had 1 RW on the 48 you just picked up maybe for a year or so. I just bought a second RW and using both in the new frag tank. The new one is significantly stronger, and I did give the old one a solid cleaning.

i had a chance to own the mp40 and the mp10 a few times in the last 5 years. Always ended up with the noise issues.
Went with the Jebao rw series two years now and have been smiling since.

I had a WP-10 and it died after about 6 months. I bought a replacement and it eventually started to work off and on. It turns out that the impellers needed a vinegar bath. You can tell they need cleaning when they won't spin on the shaft. Both WP-10s are now working fine along with a RW-4 purchased. I just need to clean the impellers more often that other powerheads I've had in the past.

Back