multi tank project

joelg

Non-member
So this project started because I wanted to move my 29 and ended up replacing it with a 40 breeder and then some.
I have to blame this all on another member Lex Luther at least that's what I'm telling my wife :0)
but is is true that due to some issues I have presently without his help it would not have been possible Thanks again Alex for all your time
I wish I took a few pics during the build but my focus was directed to getting it done
basically the system consists of 5 tanks a 40 breeder for my sps a 22 x 22x 10 deep 21 gallon for my lps a 11 x11x14 deep 7 gallon for some softy's
both which I made out of some 3/8 plate glass i had laying around
all drilled and plumbed into a 20 gallon frag/fuge and finally onto a 20 gallon sump
the 3 dt's all can be isolated at any time by a turn of a valve yo can see in the pic that the 7 gallon is empty at the moment
I need to mix up a bucket of salt this week to finish and get the soft coral out of the sump and fuge

IMG_1035.JPG

Very cool setup! Only issue I see is that your sump water will definitely overflow in the event of a power outage. May want to look into that before it happens!

Very cool setup! Only issue I see is that your sump water will definitely overflow in the event of a power outage. May want to look into that before it happens!
it looks deceiving there is more room than it appears in the pics
I already tested it a dozen times, it has room to spare when the pumps are off and I drilled large holes in the return elbows for a siphon break
also the way I have the overflow set up it drains very little from the tanks
Like you I was a little worried when I first set it up. I originally built the sump for a 29 gal and was hoping it would work .
But it seems ok and I really did try to flood it before I added any salt water :0)

So this project started because I wanted to move my 29 and ended up replacing it with a 40 breeder and then some.
I have to blame this all on another member Lex Luther at least that's what I'm telling my wife :0)
but is is true that due to some issues I have presently without his help it would not have been possible Thanks again Alex for all your time
I wish I took a few pics during the build but my focus was directed to getting it done
basically the system consists of 5 tanks a 40 breeder for my sps a 22 x 22x 10 deep 21 gallon for my lps a 11 x11x14 deep 7 gallon for some softy's
both which I made out of some 3/8 plate glass i had laying around
all drilled and plumbed into a 20 gallon frag/fuge and finally onto a 20 gallon sump
the 3 dt's all can be isolated at any time by a turn of a valve yo can see in the pic that the 7 gallon is empty at the moment
I need to mix up a bucket of salt this week to finish and get the soft coral out of the sump and fuge

View attachment 88355

Anytime man. The truth is, it was nothing but fun for me

Looks cool! Next time I'm down that way I'll have to let you know so I can see it in person.

I'm mixing up a batch of water to fill up the last tank should have it totally up and running tomorrow evening

Back