My Berghia Nudibranchs Grow-Out Pictures

luu78

BRS Member
Hello everyone, it has been a couple weeks since my Berghias from ReefTown laid their first egg ribbon. There have been several more egg ribbons since and some have hatched successfully as well. There are baby Berghias at couple different stages now in the grow-out container. I thought I share some progress pictures for everyone to view. I’m running out of aptaisa fast since they’re voracious hunters. At the current growth rate, I have to rehome some of my broodstock Berghias to maintain/reserve a steady supply of aptaisa for the baby Berghias. I will be posting in the for sale section soon. Aptaisa donations gladly accepted if you’re within 20-30 mins from Quincy. Please let me know if you have a bunch on rock rubbles that I can trade with clean rock rubbles. Thanks in advance.

2B9E9518-A3E2-461C-A3CA-2E46B7384710.jpeg

AE0CDFD1-7A6D-49FD-9B10-09CC7BECC2AF.jpeg

Look at them hunting in groups, it’s in their DNA
E3A3442D-BAEC-404F-BD6A-20A134689B2D.jpeg

F9546E1D-6E5A-4A08-9B82-D472C07353B5.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s awesome Ben! Nice to see them laying eggs and hatching. Should be good aiptasia control for a long time! Thanks for sharing!

I’d love to throw these guys in my overflow, tons to eat there but I’m not sure how they’d do in the environment

Nice! The 10 day babies look terrifyingly like Montipora eating nudis. Maybe not as white but enough to give me flashbacks hah

Curious how much you’re having to feed these guys? I just threw them into my system, and after a month I’m seeing a few babies of various sizes (3-6mm). I’ve considered setting up a longer term culture to keep them going, but would be curious to know how much food you’re having to supply.

Ironically, you would have to start an aptaisa culture as well to keep up with the demand. The baby Berghias will consume the aptaisa rapidly as they increase their biomass. With 3-4 ribbons that have hatched so far, I am feeding around 3 to 4 small aptasia (< 1/4”) per day and this number will only increase rapidly as they increase in size.

Back