my experience w/ cultivated reef and Greg, its proprietor...

pallobi

Neal
ok, so since i have made a couple orders from this gentleman recently, i thought i would share my own personal experience with him, his site, and the peices i have received from him... again, his name is Greg, and his coral farm, Cultivated Reef...

my first purchase was made from him about one month ago in which i decided to purchase an Australian Strawberry Shortcake acro and an ATL Limeade acro... if any of you dont know, SSC's can be quite finicky and fussy when fragged and/or introduced to new systems once it has established itself in one system, not always, but definitely not uncommon by any means... and especially when shipped... as it can easily brown out and take some time to bounce back for instance... however Greg's i got only faded in color a bit, which is to be expected and is now coloring up real nice and is very healthy and showing all the signs one would look for in a healthy coral, and did not exhibit any signs that SSC's have been known to show when fragged and moved... of course, this greatly depends on your own system water quality and husbandry methods as well... and to boot, it was only $40 w/ his 20% off sale, and was a nice stalk, about 1.75" in height... an awesome frag indeed as most know how much these usually go for at times... the Limeade acro was also a great peice, and was a great size and multiple established branches w/ mutliple tips... and is coming along incredibly...

lastnite, as part of our Boston Reefers group buy from him currently goin on, i put in to purchase some zoas/palys from him this time around... Sunny D palys and Red People Eaters as i have wanted both for some time... Greg, the owner, really goes out of his way... he emailed me back and forth 3 times last nite with long, explanative emails about all my questions regarding buying zoas and palys from him, his fragging techniques, and numerous other concerns as i havent bought any soft polyp corals from him yet and wanted to know more... also to note, with my purchases, he has emailed me personally after my purchase, as well as a follow up after the shipment was delivered to assure my satisfaction... you jus wont find amazing and helpful customer service like this anywhere for the most part, and that in itself, speaks volumes...

also, and as many of you here on BRS know, this company is located in Maine, and to sweeten your purchase, the shipping is only $19 overnite to those who reside throughout New England and is done via Fedex... orders over $149 are free throughout the country... and he will work with you on shipping days for what works best with both parties involved...

though he isnt the biggest site and coral farmer out there, he usually has at least 30 to 40 variety's each of sps, lps, and zoas/palys, and is most defintely worth taking a gander at his site in the very least...

these are solely my opinions and experiences involved with dealing with Greg directly myself... i am receiving nothing in return for this post... its jus as a avid and very much involved and sharing hobbyist, i thought many here may find this info valuable and it may jus help out everyone who shares my interest... you, me, and Greg as well... as again, he deserves to have a good word thrown around here and there with his incredible customer service...

thanks for looking, jus wanted to share...

I just wanted to note here, i received my second order from Greg at Cultivated Reef this past week... As i expected from someone who obviously puts alot into his customer service, i was very happy with my 2nd order from him, which will only lead to many more... i received some really fat and healthy, and wonderfully colored Red People Eaters, and a beautiful Sunny D paly... meaty, and established polyps, healed and doing great already, only 1 day into be in my system...

very happy again my friend, look forward to next time ;)

I have done a couple group buys with greg too.
Everything you said is very true. Small compared to some but big on quality and service.
Wish others were as easy to deal with as him.........
...my 2 cents

Back