My new custom 180g hood.

Gardiner

The Reef Farmer
Last month I had a hood built by Jim(calciumbuff), to replace the original hood that came with my tank. The old hood was never made to support the weight of halides, and was quickly becoming a hazard. I was nervous to let the people feed the fish when I went away as it was falling apart.
In just a few weeks Jim designed and built a custom hood to support T5s and halides. He even got the stain to match the stand as close as possible.
It is what I would call a "hybrid" style hood as it has doors for quick access, but also has 2 pistons that allow it to be raised with one hand when you really want to get in there and get stuff done. It's really made feeding and fragging much easier. The light bar can even be adjusted, which for me has allowed better light diffusion over the entire tank.
I want to thank Jim for is amazing work, and his helpers that came to install it. Ronnie, and John from Sea Creatures. Thanks again!!

DSC_0037.jpg
DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Wow sweet hood looks expenive! I want one! Tank looks awesome too

Thanks everybody. It really wasn't that expensive, and for me it's one of the most important pieces. It's one of the first things everybody viewing the tank sees. Well worth the money for me.

do the mh lights slide out at all to change bulbs? The hood looks sweet.

The bar is movable but won't slide out, it sits on the notches. With the canopy up I have plenty of room to access the bulbs. The pendants are hanging so I can even turn them towards me if I need better access.

Back