Naso Tang Struggling

TomD

Non-member
Just got him a couple days ago. Temp and parameters are stable. He is wedged against a rock breathing heavy.

Fish are:

small blue trigger
smaller huma trigger
red volation lion
small/med yellow tang
small snowflake eel

Any common culprits? The YT has been in the tank 6 months but they were swimming around like best friends the last couple days.

I have no QT, besides my sump. May put him in there and see if he can recover.

Any other advice?

In all honesty Tom I think he needs to go out of the 90. I'd find a larger home, not jumiping on ya' just my thought as to his stress. :)

I just pulled him out and he looks VERY skinny and I really don't remember him looking like that the other day. This tank will evolve to a 180 VERY soon.

In all honesty Tom I think he needs to go out of the 90. I'd find a larger home, not jumiping on ya' just my thought as to his stress. :)

100% agree, plus that is quite a bit of fish to add within a short period of time with many different personalities. :(

Can you keep him isolated and get him to take some Nori? Sounds stressed to me. Maybe to much to fast? Good luck! :)

Don't know why he stopped eating. He is now in the sump. Going to get some nori in there. Crossing fingers. I hate when an animal I took responsibility for doesn't make it.

Most likely stopped eating because of being a to small of a tank. Naso tangs are planktonic eaters iirc that thrive in the open ocean and require brown algae in their diet. The 90 is too small even for the smallest Naso imo.

Most likely stopped eating because of being a to small of a tank. Naso tangs are planktonic eaters iirc that thrive in the open ocean and require brown algae in their diet. The 90 is too small even for the smallest Naso imo.

I didn't know that. Thanks Don.

I think it would be too soon for him to react to the size of the tank. I have a small naso in my 125 however none of my fish are aggressive. Maybe just adding so many so quickly plus if anyone was picking on them tangs can be sensitive. I never g=had any luck with tangs until my tank was very established I waited a year after I lost a few in the beginning

Back