Need Creative Ideas For Coral Placement

pvh

Non-member
I have a few frags that have out grown their frag plugs and are ready to be permanently mount on rocks and place on display. However until I get a bigger tank I will have to do with what I have now. So far I've tried stacking rocks on rocks to increase surface area, place non-photosynthesis or low light demanding corals in the shade or under other corals, and place similar corals such as same species of acan lords next to each other. I've even started gluing corals onto the back wall of the tank. I'm running out of ideas and real estate in my tank.

So I need some creative ideas on how to optimize coral placement.

They sell frag magnets so that you can attach corals to the sides and back of your glass and be able to move them around until they encrust over the magnet and onto the glass.

Or you could probably find some magnets that are coated but not the "frag magnets" for aqurium use that would be cheaper and still do the job.

you can use tonga branch rock,i wedge it between the rockwork,sticking outwards then mount the corals at the ends of the branches.
This looks very natural.

^^^^^^^^ what Liam said
you saw my tank peter thats what i did

stick tonga in between the rock and have it come out to the front of your display

or what my uncle did was attach a nice tonga branch to a small magnet and it looks like the branches are coming from the sides of the glass that what i will end up doing if i need any room
it really neat looking

Good idea about the tonga rock. Thanks guys.

Now does anyone have any dry tonga rock I can buy?

Back