Neptune Apex Wav

I need to buy something considering the MP-40 or the Wave, I really have not heard much input about the Wave but it would be nice to control it with my Apex. One thing about "new aquarium products" it seems to always take them a couple of years to get the bugs out.

Jim

I'm getting close to ordering two waves and the module for my Apex, one concern I have is a couple of reviews claim even running at 1% they are very strong. My tank is 24"x40"x18" high, I would like to mount them on the back wall and am concerned they may be too much.

Jim

Ya I read the same thing. I have a 125 long. 72x18x23 so I think it may be ok for my tank. I will probably get it after the Super Bowl if I win my pool. Go Carolina!!!!!! Lol

Ok so I broke down and bought the wav. Took me a little bit to get it set up but well worth it for my 125.

Thinking on getting it for my 180.do you run any other pumps or just the wave?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I was about to buy the Wave but decided at the last minute to go with the Tunze 6055. Is the flow as powerful as some reports? The second reason is I didn't want to mount them on the ends of the tank but on the back wall, the Tunze "Ball Mount" is great for that. I'm very happy with the Tunze it's totally silent (very important to me), I'm going to order a second one today. I hope you give us a report on the Wave I would love to see it.

Jim

I was running 3 aquaclear power heads but took them out. yes I can only run the at about 35% or its way too much for my 125

I bought a set but have not tried them out yet because I have small tanks (40 G & 45 G). In my opinion If you have a big tank (90 G and up) and already have the Apex then it's a no brainer to go with the Wave. I currently have 2 Tunze 6040 in my 40 G Nuvo and I like them.

I bought a set but have not tried them out yet because I have small tanks (40 G & 45 G). In my opinion If you have a big tank (90 G and up) and already have the Apex then it's a no brainer to go with the Wave. I currently have 2 Tunze 6040 in my 40 G Nuvo and I like them.

Let us know how you like them, you may find they are a lot of pump for a 40 gal.

Jim

Jim,

I am not going to put them in the 40G. I know I will have a big tank in the future so I just bought them for now. Looks like I am going to have a chance to use them real soon. Will update.

Back