New Addition. Who's the boss?

RayD

The Chicago Experience!
I pained over it all day. I bought him this morning and he had to come to work with me because of the time constraints.
He spent the day in the clam tank and looked so amazing. I was going to sell him then keep him then sell him then keep him and so on ...
Against all advice I decided I wanted him home with me so I took him home.

Within 10 minutes he was eating and established himself as the undisputed boss of the tank. No if ands or buts about it! :D
He doesn't pick on anyone. He just let everyone know that he's not to be reckoned with.

Horrible picture (damn 14k bulbs!!), but you get the idea. He'll be staying with me permanently. I totally dig him.

PICT0006.jpg

Oh nice! I dont think I would have thought about selling that beauty :)

Everyone said my tank was too small, he's too aggressive, etc etc

But I thought I'd take a chance on him. I'm super glad I did.

Ray, that Sohal really is an awesome fish!

Guess I'll return the leather gloves that I was going to keep by the clam table or the "Sohal Table" as it became within about 5 minutes after he entered it! LOL!

That is NOT a shy tang!:eek:

Not shy at all but not aggressive at the same time. He's very personable.

Nice fish look even nicer in that Clam table. (hint hint). :D

I am so jealous Ray. I want a Sohal so bad. That is probably my favorite fish. Glad to hear you got one with such a good disposition. Congrats.

You have the tank for one now! Once your new system is settled in you should definitely get one of these guys.

Beautiful fish indeed Ray. Mine is probably over 12" now. I've had him for 4 years now. He'll eat bubble algae from my hand. But, I pity the fish that tries to beat him to something. I had to remove a PBT that was a tankmate for almost 3 years because of the inevitable aggression. How big is the one you just got?

Beautiful fish indeed Ray. Mine is probably over 12" now. I've had him for 4 years now. He'll eat bubble algae from my hand. But, I pity the fish that tries to beat him to something. I had to remove a PBT that was a tankmate for almost 3 years because of the inevitable aggression. How big is the one you just got?

This guy is about 4-5" at the moment and I can totally see how he could get get like that. He's not "aggressive" yet but he's certainly not "passive" either.

Let's put it this way. On Sunday i took him from Marc's house and dripped him into the system at AG, removed him from the system at AG 6 hours later and brought him home. By this time I was dog tired and didn't have the patience for a drip session so I floated him for 15 minutes and in the tank he went. Within 10 minutes he was establishing territory and eating frozen Mysis. Definitely a no nonsense fish!

So he was in and out of three different systems in less than a 12 hour period and no worse for the wear. One tough dude!

I'm guessing I'll be removing some of the others as he gets bigger.

I'd really like to Ray. I'm really tempted, but... What's going on with Don's sohal is what's making me hesitant. We already have Kole in one tank and a baby hippo tang (1.5" - 2" at the moment) in the other and I'd hate to see them grow up and then have to be seperated. I don't think there'd be an issue with the Kole and a sohal but the hippo has the same body shape which might cause a problem. Unless I'm totally wrong in my thinking. :eek:

I'd really like to Ray. I'm really tempted, but... What's going on with Don's sohal is what's making me hesitant. We already have Kole in one tank and a baby hippo tang (1.5" - 2" at the moment) in the other and I'd hate to see them grow up and then have to be seperated. I don't think there'd be an issue with the Kole and a sohal but the hippo has the same body shape which might cause a problem. Unless I'm totally wrong in my thinking. :eek:

I've had my Hippo since he was a baby and he's probably the same size as the Sohal now. Plus I have a new Yellow Tang I bought a couple weeks ago.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

I do have to say though that the Sohal colors are STUNNING under my 14K lighting. Even my fish hating wife took notice of him. :D

Back