New sponsor Avast Marine

Welcome aboard! I'm a big fan of their products. If and when I upgrade I want to do one of their skimmer kits

I was wondering about that ATO...It looks very reliable, are there any drawbacks that it could fail down the road? Or can you take steps to prevent any issues etc

I have a few Avast products myself, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I plan on replacing a few pieces of current equipment with their products, in the near future. Thanks Avast!

I was wondering about that ATO...It looks very reliable, are there any drawbacks that it could fail down the road? Or can you take steps to prevent any issues etc

It works on air pressure. When the water rises in the tube it causes air pressure to turn off the switch in the control box. The only moving parts are a diaphragm and micro switch in the control box. When the water level drops the pressure is released and the outlet is powered. The only drawback I can see if there was an air leak it would run all the time. But the tubing is pretty thick. I have similiar devices on air activated foot pedals for equipment at my job where you don't want electrity going to a foot pedal on a wet floor due to safety. They are extremely reliable.

Back