New to BRS and Hobby-Great Forum!

caduffey

Non-member
Hello Everyone
I have been viewing the BRS for about three months now and decided to join. This forum so far has helped me learn a lot about this hobby and questions that have come up in the process of setting up my tank up. I am new to the hobby and have never kept any fish before this. The reason why I headed in fish keeping direction is because I had a bearded dragon for about 5 years and when it ended up dying I had an empty tank that I wanted to fill. I was back and for about jumping into saltwater right off the bat because everyone said that it difficult and I should try freshwater first, but I just didn’t find the freshwater fish as unique and intriguing as saltwater, and why waste time and money in something I didn’t want to fully commit to. So I decided I wanted to take the challenge in investing my time and money in saltwater. Anyways I started my set up this past April and have fallen in love with everything marine aquariums have to offer. Here are the specs on my tank-

40 Gallon Breeder (non-RR)
40 Pounds LR
40 Pounds Base Rock
About 2in live sand bed in DT and Refugium
Eshopps 30 Gallon Sump/Refugium
Eshopps S-120 Cone Skimmer
Eshopps PF-800 Overflow Box
36 inch DeepBlue 4 Bulb T-5HO
ATI Blue +
ATI Coral +
ATI Purple +
Mag 7 Pump
Tank turnover is about 500 to 600 GPH
(on its way is a Spectrapure Maxpure 90 gpd RO/DI unit-Hopefully Monday)
Livestock-
Flame Angel
Pair of Black and White Clowns
Pair of Orange and White Clowns
(Had)-Orchid Dotty Back but jumped out of quarantine tank
(Had)-Blue powder Tang but to small of tank-Stress lead to white ick then lead to black ick then death.

Refugium-
Cheato
Mangroves
Live Rock
Rock Rubble
Live Sand

Coral-
Many Zoanthids
Acans
Duncan
Hollywood Stunner Chalice
Two Open Brains
One Closed Brain
One Maze Brain
Purple Candy Cane
Red and Green Candy Cane
Krptonite Candy Cane
Purple Digitata
Green Digitata
Blue Ricordea
Green Ricordea
Rainbow Ricordea
Dendrophilla

Thanks to Unique Aquaria, Jays Aquatics, BRS member DZ6T, and my credit cards for helping get such awesome corals. Here are some pics so far.

IMG_1680-t.jpgIMG_1682-t.jpgIMG_1685-t.jpgIMG_1686.JPGIMG_1666-t.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard! Check the forum header for local meetings and speakers.

Good Luck!

Back