New:)

kjones

Non-member
I started a tank a week ago i have two damsels and i cant keep the ph up! I add buffer everyday and it wont go up! it is a ten gallon tank (my starter tank) what is going on anyone know, fish seem to be doing good.

Hi
Welcome to BRS

so a few questions, what is the ph, is the tank covered? do u have a meter or test kit?

thanks Frank

I figured out how to navigate dont know if you got my last post thanks for your reply great web site! so the tank is covered and i used a test kit and also brought a sample to the store ph is way up there 7.4 on the chart

These parameter would be very helpful to determine your issue
Calcium
magnesium
alkalinity
salinity
PH

Also try taking a cup of water and aerating it for 20mintes then test the PH

These parameter would be very helpful to determine your issue
Calcium
magnesium
alkalinity
salinity
PH

Also try taking a cup of water and aerating it for 20mintes then test the PH

I take it you are not running a skimmer so aeration could be an issue with PH. When running a saltwater tank without a skimmer or a sump which causes falling water both which injects air make sure that the water surface is rippling as to increase oxygen thus increase PH. Without detailed layout of your system and other water parameters it's hard to give a diagnosis.

Welcome aboard?
Did you give your tank time to cycle?
If not then its not your ph you should be worrying about.

welcome aboard.....there r so many questions firing at u that may b a little confusing in the begining...If u would like the questions in a slower manner pm me...I'll b glad to help u thru the begining hump!! ;)

Back