Nonaggressive tank mates?

aiaman

Non-member
I have been slow to re-inhabit my tank, thankfully
I have been trying to read up on various corals & fish species that I wanted to maintain & I think I am done with my fish selections outside of maybe a goby/shrimp partnership but that I have to worry about my BTA eating the shrimp (which has happened in the past) sorry, as I digress
anyway my question is about nonaggressive corals
I recently acquired a Duncanopsammia axifuga and am very interested in keeping other non-aggressive animals (can't we all get along) and without reading about every coral type and making a list, I thought I could ask for your expert opinion
What corals could I grow without stinging tentacle/sweeper arms
I am sure that each type has particular requirements but I shall weigh that with what you can suggest
what can you recommend? more Duncans?

Sweeper tentacles are limited to LPS corals (not all of them, but a lot of them).
Some leather corals will release toxins into the water that will/are thought to inhibit other corals.
SPS corals typically will fight each other if they come in physical contact.

Acans are very popular these days, are available in some amazing colors, and are only aggressive when in direct contact with other corals.
I find sinularia sp (leathers) are pretty harm less and I dont' think they bother much of anything. Sarcophyton (toadstool) also are pretty harmless IME, the only concern being that they occasionally shed a skin and this can bother corals it lands on.
SPS corals rarely end up causing problems due to aggressiveness, but they do tend to be quite sensitive in the first place.
zonathids are cool and only bother things that they come in direct contact with and or overgrow.

I'm sure others will have more to add :)

im big into chalice imo there pretty good with other corals as long as they are not touching, i also like montis alot

Montis are great IMO. SPS but not as delicate as acros and usually pretty reasonable in price.

i like them better than most acro they come in so many cool shapes, dont get me wrong i love my colorful sticks but having a coral shaped like a rock is just awesome IMO

Back