Oceansmotions??

Aquadiva

rebuilding the reef
Who's got one??

Which one? How loud are they? How is your's set-up? Good things? Bad things?

Inquiring minds want to know.

BTW...what pump drives yours?
Pics would be nice, too :)

TIA :cool:

I have a 4-way powered by a Sequence 3200. The OM is under the tank, and the pump is about 50 feet away in the fish room. The OM is quiet. I love it. The 6 returns are drilled into the sides of the tank (we t'd two of the returns off to small returns that go against the back of wall of the tank to keep it clean of detritus). The only problem I had when we first set it up was that sand would get caught in it and it would stop. It was a new southdown sandbed and the sand was flying everywhere. But OM was great - they sent me a new inside (shaft?) at no cost because the sand made a groove in it. I believe they were supposed to change the material of it so the sand wouldn't easily damage it. I highly recommend it!

Very good Darie and close ;)
They sent a new "drum" that was turned so it didn't have quite as tight a tolerance it was also made from a different material that was more "slipery" so as not to bind as easily.

Aquadiva,
They are very quiet, almost every installation is different given your tank set up.
Don't hesitate to call Paul with questions, he is a great guy with an understanding of reef systems and he'll get you going.

Heehee - I thought I did a pretty good job.:D In any case, I love it! I'm thinking about putting another 4-way on my sump return.

Have the 4 way and I don't hear it at all. Using a blue line pump to feed it. When I spoke with Paul at OM he mentinoed that sand can sometimes bind up the drum but fortunately I have not had that issue. My OM and pump are indside the stand. As far as I am concerned it was well worth the money.

I agree with marc that paul is a great resource and he really knows his stuff.

I have a squirt and love it. It's by far the best piece/deal of equipment I've ever bought. It's dead silent, except for the Gen X pump I run it with that sounds like a train. I've never had it bind up but can see how it would happen. Just keep it clean and you should be fine. I like the fact that OM products allow you to be creative in your design as far as plumbing goes. I've had mine plumbed 2 different ways on 2 tanks and have been happy with both configurations.

I have an OM4 way powered by a reefdart. Both are under my tank in the stand. I love em both. Quiet and dependable.

Got a 4-way powered by a Little Giant. It's plumbed to 4 3/4" returns into the back of the tank w locline. I might add penductors to the ends of the locline if i can to get some great cheap flow. It's dead silent and uses only 4 watts of power i think...Kinda pricey though but worth it IMO

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. Thanks for the input. I spent a bit of time studying :rolleyes: all the pics and stuff over on the oceansmotions site.

Everyone seems to be running a different pump on these? I know Daire's got a mega tank, but not sure how big everyone else's tank is. I am looking at this for a 210. Do you guys need other circulation??

Daire, (or anyone else), so do you still have problems with the southdown once it settled out? Sandstorms, etc. I have number of bags squirreled away I am planning on using. ;)

I had one on my 70 cube with an Iwaki 100. Had the same sand issue. Striped the shaft so Paul sent me a new shaft no charge.
The same thing happened a second time when i stirred up the sand and he sent another shaft no charge even after I insisted on paying for it.

When I do it on the next tank i will have a dedicated pump for it. My Iwaki was my return from the basement sump.
My next tank will be a custom 190 and I'll use the same 4- way

Yeah Paul is unbelievable with customer service. I would say the best in the industry, at least in my experience.
Also a great product. Well worth the investment.

I agree about Paul. When I was looking to buy my 4 way not only did he spend over 45 minutes on the phone with me but there was another of his items that I wanted to buy and he told me not to waste my money and that I didn't need it. He could have made more $$$ but was straight up with me. It's nice to see that type of customer service.

Back