oceanus ro/di

clamm

Nothing to nobody
does anyone know oceanus's website. i have to order some replacement cartridges...but dont know where to go...or which model i have.

Yup, I Just Found That Out. In Fact I Found Out From The Manufactorer. So For Their Honesty, I Think Ill Order From Them...not Like I Need It Tomorrow.

FWIW, Casey, I'd say "below 10" is borderline. Starting with 200 tds water, I get mid-teens from my RO, and zero after the DI stage. Is it your DI cartridge you're replacing? If not you might want to think about it.

Nate

I wonder what everyone else gets for a TDS reading after the RO and DI? I was getting 7 from 193ish with just the RO then I put the DI on...but I dont have my meeter anymore.

That Number Is Before Ro...the Ro Polishes It Off To Zero...but I Try To Bring It Below 20 Before The Ro.

I use the Oceanus myself. My TDS from tap was (at last testing - 8/04) at 300+. With RO only, it brought it down to the 30's. With the RO & DI I register (yesterday) at 2 PPM.

JustDavidP said:
I use the Oceanus myself. My TDS from tap was (at last testing - 8/04) at 300+. With RO only, it brought it down to the 30's. With the RO & DI I register (yesterday) at 2 PPM.[/QUOTE

I have the same unit and get 350 +/- in and after the DI I get 0

FYI- Recommendations from OCEANUS. I spoke with a very nice man at oceanous who recommended this for extending the life of you ro cartridge and getting the most out of your ro/di...test the system after water running 2 mins...take a test on the output of water after the 1st three stages of filtration...assuming you have good pressure, adjust them till you are below 20 on a tds meter...he said ideally below 10. Then hook it back up and test the output of the ro membrane...should be in the low digits...now he said you gauge life of each cartridge from there...on way is to watch the pressure build up and you know your media is getting full...you can then use the steps above to figure out what part needs changed. He also said that the RO membranes setup in this situation typically last around 2yrs or more...but really depends on how bad your water is and how much filtration you get off the first 3 stages...he said a good general goal is to have as few tds as possible before you get to the RO stage... I hope this helps a little...its pretty general but from the folks at oceanus themselves...gave me some general tips to test my system and see really how good each portion is doing...

The 3rd stage is the RO membrane???? the last is the DI. You would only have 3 stages befor the DI if you add another sediment or carbon.

Nate, you had me worried with an earlier post...yea its 000 after rodi... i just verified that.

I don't understand how you adjust the reject ratio in order to get the pre-ro reading below 10 or 20. Did the rep mean to get the post-ro below 10-20? That would make more sense.

no, you are right nate...its by changing the membranes, cleaning them , or upgrading them if they dont do the job. No I think it was pre RO...he said that its best to test that way first and try to create as little work for RO as possible...

Back