Old Hanna checker question

Mike Lemming

BRS Member
I have a couple old Hannah checkers.
Does anyone think they are worth anything? Would they even still work? See below..
0B289A69-3F0C-4C57-BF7C-46B4460F5527.jpeg
651C6FCD-E0D7-4B5C-A367-1861AD85DC51.jpeg
B311D3C7-5EF9-4E6F-9591-33F321ACAA8C.jpeg

As long as they havent been banged up too badly/dropped in water or anything I’m sure they’re still fine. Maybe try comparing with your current test kits? Keep in mind the standard phosphate tester is less precise than the ULR checkers that lots of people use

Thanks Dylan. I have all new checkers and was wondering if I should try and sell these or just trash them if they wouldn’t work

Sell and see what you can get. I’d assume the reagents will require replacing (expired) but if the checkers turn on they should be good to go.

It would also be good to verify the checker model number vs new checkers. If old model, need to make sure its compatible with current reagents or it’s useless. I think new models generally use the same reagents as old but it’s worth verifying.

If the checkers work fine, id say they’re worth around $20each with no reagent

Sell and see what you can get. I’d assume the reagents will require replacing (expired) but if the checkers turn on they should be good to go.

It would also be good to verify the checker model number vs new checkers. If old model, need to make sure its compatible with current reagents or it’s useless. I think new models generally use the same reagents as old but it’s worth verifying.

If the checkers work fine, id say they’re worth around $20each with no reagent
I appreciate the feedback!

Back