Our progress so far......

Dtilton

Non-member
Hi all-

I really enjoy seeing the pictures of people's set-ups as they progress and I thought I'd start documenting me and my wife Janet's progress with our 90g reef with basement sump. We're doing major house renovations and in the middle of it all we're upgrading our 29 g discus tank to a 58 and adding the 90 reef. We just completed the hard wood floor refinishing. We were smack dab in the middle of it last weekend when we got all that rain. Stain and polyurethane don't really dry all that well in rainy humid weather, so we've been living with the contents of our dining room and living room/fish room scattered all about the house, garage, and basement.

Here's out 90g reef tank, as it's been for the past 2 weeks, in the middle of our halfway remodeled kitchen. At least it's convinced us that we definitely do NOT have room for that island we were thinking about.....

Last edited:
......And here's were the tank will end up. The floors came out really nice, but we still have to wait a fewmore days before we put furniture on them. If you look really close you can see a square hole where the hot air duct was. That's going to make the basement sump a breeze.....

-Danny

Last edited:
Sweet.... think how quiet it will be with all the equipment in the basement.

Floors looks good...that's alot of work in the kitchen ( I know). Are you doing it all or do you have contractors?

Thanks for the good feedback! No contractors- just me and my wife. I grew up in a family of plumbers and electricians, so that's the easy part for me. Carpentry- we're learning as we go!!
-Danny

How sweet is it that you got a heat register that lines up with your plumbing plans? Cool setup....

Great pics! I finally got serious about renovating our kitchen and bathroom since I knew my wife would not be happy (understatement) if I set up a big tank before that was done. Finished tiling last week and I'm putting the bathroom fixtures in now. I was able to slip the nano-tank in during the renovations without too much grief, but now that the bathroom is pretty much done, just need to put the sink in, time to start building the stand for the 92 corner tank!

bathroom.jpg

92%20bowfront.jpg

JayM- only problem now is there may not be enough heat in that room now. I told Janet that with 2x250 MH running, if we sit close to the tank, we'll be fine! :)

Smithcreek- great job on the tile! The bathroom looks really nice! Did you enclose an old tub, or was that there and you simply re-tiled?

Did you enclose an old tub, or was that there and you simply re-tiled?

The old tub and sink were pepto-bismol pink, unfortunately we never had the matching tiolet. So new tub and new platform. Didn't think about how heavy a 450lb tub would be until it was delivered.:eek:

Yep- cast iron sure is heavy..... but there's nothing like taking a nice bath in CI tub. Beats the snot out of fiberglass!!!

Back