Out of the box 'modern' stands

Intheflesh

Non-member
I have been working on a DIY stand, and quite frankly I don't have the time to work on it anymore. We are in the middle of renovating some of the rooms in our house, and recently my dad has been in and out of the hospital.

I was wondering if there are any companys out there that make an 'out of the box' modern looking stand. I would like something with a side access door.

One of my favorite stands is the Marineland Monterey, but not available in my size. (need 36x18" foot print, with a flat top)

I did see the deep blue stands- I like the side access, but not a fan of the overall design.

My brother does custom cabinet work. If your interested let me know and I can see what he says. If you have a rough drawing on your idea that would be a plus.

I had mine made by calciumbuf. Side access and more if a sleek, modern look:

finstand2.jpg

finstand1.jpg

Have you looked into R&J enterprises? They have a stand with a side access door. http://www.rjaquatics.com/brochure.html - the one with side access is about halfway down, under the bowfront stand. But they could probably include a custom side access with a different look.

Note on the deep blue stands - mine is also 36"x18", and though the website says "large rear access ports" it really only had one 2" rear access hole. I had to cut another hole out for my drain line. The stand also has a cutout on the top for a RR tank (another little feature they don't feel the need to mention...). Otherwise, I'm happy with it and the side door and two front doors give good access to the sump / equipment.

So I think I found my easiest/cheapest solution. I've been trying to build doors, but that ain't happening. I can bill a frame, but I suck at finish work. the doors look aweful.

I found a solution that should be easy to assemble, done in a few nights, and requires zero finish work on my end.

My company sells this stuff:
page_57_thumb_large.jpg

I can have all the prices cut at work, and assemble the frame fairly easily, and I can buy it atry a little above cost.

Then for the doors, 4 of these in 18x30 (perfect!) Ican affix the doors with magnets, and it will have a finished look:
http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/40266875/
$8 ea for 18x30". between the doors, the channel and all the hardware, I'm probably under $100 for the build.

Back