Over Sump Fans- who has favorites...

maurod

Non-member
So folks, what is your favorite over sump fan, why and where did you get it?
I need to set one up today or just keep my lights off ;) I recall some walmart special a bunch of you liked last year, but I couldnt find the thread.
Thanks for particpating!

M.

I've been using the Azoo 4-fan thing. It works OK, but I am picking up a second fan from wallymart today to assist. The one from Walmart is a clip on I believe, but the box shows it as a standard fan. You have to read the box and make sure its the right one.

maurod - I bought an Azoo 2 - fan unit a while ago and never used it - it is still new in the box. I will sell it for $25. Pick up in Stoughton - lmk if interested.

BTW, here's a brief description of the product by the manufacturer:
Large cooling fans provide powerful ventilation to reduce heat transference from aquarium equipment. Extremely quiet operation with adjustable positioning, perfect for sumps or for use in aquarium stands/cabinets to reduce humidity. Generates 10 times more cooling power than conventional fans to reduce temperature buildup by 5 to 7 degrees Fahrenheit. Easy to install - simply attach using screw-mounting brackets. High-quality plastic construction. 12V UL-Listed.

I purchased 2 of those clip on fans from Target or wallyworld 2 years ago at the beginning of the summer. By September they were toast. Both of them crapped out on me.

Over a year ago I purchased a small 9" Blizzard fan from HD with heat sensors. The thing totally rocks. I have it set up on a small shelf near the tank and it turns on depending on the temp in the room. It moves some serious air. It cost me 22.99 but it was well worth it. Only problem is that its base is 9" x 7" and it doesnt clip on to a brace. It works well for my application but you might not have the room. Seriously consider it though because after 16mths of being in a high humidity room the fan still purrs like a kitten.

Good luck and Happy Holiday weekend- God bless our troops!

i use a home depot 3 blade metal fan mounted and painted to my wall blowing over my light and aquarium temp was 83.2 the other day in aquarium.

I havent had the tank above 81.2---but I also dont have 600watts of light on my tank...only 350

I think problems occur when you start reaching upper 80s---thats when bad things happen.keep it 85 and under youre fine. (atleast in my expirence)

I havent had the tank above 81.2---but I also dont have 600watts of light on my tank...only 350

I think problems occur when you start reaching upper 80s---thats when bad things happen.keep it 85 and under youre fine. (atleast in my expirence)

600? Try 1560watts :)
M.

Back