Patnaudes

sdexcalibur1

Fish junkie
OK I've been dealing with Patnaudes before their fire and rebuild, and even though I've spent hundreds of dollars their over the years. I can't remember a single time I walked away feeling really happy about the service. Weather it be to ask a fish question or to buy a new bird. Cashier lady is cold at best, The owner, WOW if you ever heard him talk to his employees you'll wonder how he has any.
Still with all this I and countless others continue to go their. Today I needed a blue background for my tank(which they didn't have), Dog biscuits, and Betta food. So I wondered over to the fish room which as a whole is pretty cool. So I scan their saltwater tank and WOW! They are in the poorest shape I've ever seen. They had a butterfly fish that was so hurting it was swimming upside down at times UPSIDE DOWN, I never seen this before It was being blown all around the tank helplessly.
They had 2 star fish that their tips were blacker than black and the rest a dull shade of orange, A dead coral banded shrimp, Dead Puffer not sure what kind, The anemones were in such bad shape, They have 27 SW tanks, and I counted 7 fish dead, along with the stars and anemones. I waited a good 10 min for someone to come by. No one, So I grabbed my stuff and went to check out. The old lady who is always behind the counter rang me up.
I mentioned something about the dead saltwater fishes, The reply "the fish room will take care of it". Even though each experience is less than par I and other continue to go their because of their location. I try when ever possible to go to other pet store, Even to goto Petco in taunton to get some dog food. Hopefully things will change but after 10+ years I don't think so.
Steve

they are uneducated when it comes to SW. Its been like that for years. they continue to kill animals. Somebody must be buying them but the place disgusts me. scale to 1 to 10, a 1

no exageration.

THANK YOU, For awhile I thought it was just me, When I go out I'm pretty hard to please, My wife says I expect to much. I don't think so, But anyway it's nice that other have gotten bad service,.. wait that didn't come out right. Well you know
Steve

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get the red letters the rest of the mods are using. :rolleyes:

So, jebar, I see you read my stickey on how NOT to post a comment :D
Please feel free to rephrase and repost your comment.

sorry i just read the rules....shame on me......just when i see patnauds i get red in the face....have spent lots of money on ick ridden freshwater fish. never again...

jebar777 said:
sorry i just read the rules....shame on me......just when i see patnauds i get red in the face....have spent lots of money on ick ridden freshwater fish. never again...

you were right the first time.

fsc46 said:
Bought a pleco from them 4 weeks ago. Ick and it has worms in the eye area.
BTW it's still in quarantine.

someone should call animal cruelty except they'd probably laugh at you.

SW Reef

If you make your way into the Taunton region go downtown to SW REEF I have purchased alot of SW items from them and they are very helpfull.

Nauds is one of the first & longest running pet stores in our area.
It really is a wonder.........
They don't use ro or ro/di water in any of their systems.
The people who work there have been doing so for many many years.
They don't get it now & they have never gotten it ever.
I tried talking to them 15 plus years ago about their practices to no avail.

Disappointing
Scale of 1-10

Back