Penductors on a Drilled Tank?

here's the threaded unit & the ball with two larger ends on it to connect. (one side of locline is large & one side is small) with the two larger ball openings you can use the small ball with mpt & screw a penductor with fpt on it. The fitting with the MPT has a small ball so when you try to connect it to the locline you have two small openings. Do you understand?

Nate....No way that has a wide pattern..Daire, You should have stuck your hand in my tank in front of one of those. You will see it is more concentrated.

Attachments

• MVC-032S.JPG
    MVC-032S.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 140
this may give you a better understanding. Reg locline connected to the larger ball on both sides then to the MPT to be screwed to the FPT penductor......
I'm an expert on this!!! Dam knuckle heads out there don't know what they are doing...(I went to three online vendors who said I couldn't do this because of the two different sizes on a locline run) Finally found it but I would have to research it to see where I finally got them from....

Attachments

• MVC-035S.JPG
    MVC-035S.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 129
split it up with two pendutors off a t. Same thing....off a T it has two small balls as well. so you will need more of the fittings with the bigger balls on ea end!!! (Did someone say BIG Balls)
laughing-smiley-003.gif

Attachments

• MVC-036S.JPG
    MVC-036S.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 120
LOL! Thanks Bri - that's exactly how I was thinking it would all connect. My biggest concern was connecting it the bulkheads drilled into my tank. But I think it will work based on Marc's and Mike's posts above. Even if it's not a WIDE flow pattern, I think it will be wider than what I have now, and I'll have more control over the direction.

One more question...do I really need those $20 locline pliers to put these things together??

One more question...do I really need those $20 locline pliers to put these things together??

No pliers needed...Just a strong grip!! (which us mechanics tend to lose from years of turning wrenches!!!....Right ,Liam....;) ) I didn't get the pliers if you really want to know....I'm able to release them ok.....When they covered in coraline that is a different story....I don't think pliers will do you good then either......I just twist them off to clean...

BTW....why were you laughing?? Can you say?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I forgot I put that before I asked the question.....But now that it is mentioned.......I've been told in the past thru pm that statement..:D More than once too!!!! Must be the region I live in, that would cause me to be a little bold at times!!! (look at ED!!):eek:

My feedback,

Running 2 peductors off single return w/ an EcoPlus 1065. While the flow is strong and somewhat turbulent I don't find the pattern to be wide. I do like them though.

Is it turbulent because of the penductors, or because you have some kind of wavemaker driving them? Thanks for the input.

Is it turbulent because of the penductors, or because you have some kind of wavemaker driving them? Thanks for the input.

No wavemaker, just a good amount of flow traveling thru them. It's not super turbulent but more so than your average PH's. I think I just filled my keyboard with sand:eek:

Back