pfo mh ballast question

Chris L

Nano reefing
BRS Member
i have dual 250w pfo mh se ballast that is all of a sudden only firring one side up. i originally thought that the bulb was burned out but i just replaced the bulb with no luck, is there anything else i should check before i panic:confused:
thannks

well i switched the cords and only the one side is working. i can hear the hum when the switch is on but no juice to the bulb. how hard is it to replace a capacity? if it can even be done. where would i look to find one. i really need to get this fixed. only half of my tank is lit up now.

well i switched the cords and only the one side is working. i can hear the hum when the switch is on but no juice to the bulb. how hard is it to replace a capacity? if it can even be done. where would i look to find one. i really need to get this fixed. only half of my tank is lit up now.

i am just up the road from you,
if you want to bring it by, i can either loan one to you and swap it out or loan you a single 250 till you get a new one.

ok so i got the housing apart to find the capacitor had ruptured. i can not find any local places that carry them and i i am having a ahrd time finding it online. does anyone have any odeas where i could find one? and also do you think a couple days with no halides will hurt the tank?

Attachments

• 100_3527.JPG
    100_3527.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
well after a long weekend i was able to contact them and they will only sell in 100 unit lots. so they are out. i did however get in touch with pfo and they will send me one out asap. and it only cost me 20 bucks :)

Back