Phoenix 14k SE bulb??

nickyblase

Non-member
I was just getting ready to order some new bulbs, because I can't wait for the 20k radium to burn in (either it's defective or taking a long time to burn in, but either way, it looks like 50W worth of light!).

Anyway.... I was just on Marine Depot and saw the option of a 14k Phoenix under the mogul base section!

I'm guessing this is a new thing... I thought they only came in DE.

Anyone else seen these? I think I may give them a try. I've heard so many good things about the DE version.

I was just getting ready to order some new bulbs, because I can't wait for the 20k radium to burn in (either it's defective or taking a long time to burn in, but either way, it looks like 50W worth of light!).

Anyway.... I was just on Marine Depot and saw the option of a 14k Phoenix under the mogul base section!

I'm guessing this is a new thing... I thought they only came in DE.

Anyone else seen these? I think I may give them a try. I've heard so many good things about the DE version.

Are you using a HQI Ballast to fre this bulb?

well no, but.... I thought it said it would fire on an electronic ballast? Guess I should re-read the description. Now you have me second guessing my memory. :)

I've used the 14k DE and it was good. It's cheap and the color is not too blue, just crisp white. I've used one and went back to the Geiseman.

I haven't ordered the bulb yet. I was just considering it, since I've heard so many things about the DE Phoenix bulb.

$100 for an SE bulb is a little steep though, so I may just stick with my other brands. We'll see.

Back