Phosban Reactor pump size

ceige

always wet hands.....
I am going to purchase a Phosban reactor.

It says I need a 80gph pump for it (I will run 150g of media). What pump do you suggest for this? It is hard to find such a small pump, the ones I see don?t have a "brand name" I am familiar with. Will a larger pump damage the reactor?

tks

A Maxi-jet 400 works fine for the Two Little Fishies brand reactor. There is a ball valve on the reactor to control the flow.

reactor

It comes with the ball valve, but you'll need a foot or two of 1/2" tubing (or more if you don't want it HOB). I have the maxi400 on mine, which just got set up 2 days ago. It seems plenty, but I have the valve open all the way. If you happen to have a slightly larger pump, you can probably get away with it.

I have the 1/2 tubing already and I did buy the mj400 to power it. So it sounds like I should be all set.....now to get my mrc powered up next to it....

using a higher power pump will not damage the reactor.The problem with too higher flow is that the media is aggitated too much and the abrasion breaks down the media making t possible for small particles of phosban or rowa to leave the reactor and possbly enter your display.
which is not good ;)

Back