PJ's petcenter in saugus...

pjed99

I went in there last week to test the waters again after many bad past experiences. I was told by an employee on this site that a employee that I found rude did not work there anymore so I figured why not. Two guys helped me out both the same height and really no distinct features to describe them. But let me tell you I dont know if it was because of the post here earlier last month but these two guys were great. Knowledgable and nice. They answered all my questions and were very nice. I even heard one of the guys telling a lady not to buy something because it wouldn't live. I was very impressed by these 2 guys and have to say I will definitely stop in PJ's to buy something if I'm in the area. :)

I've been there many times since it's the closest place to where I live. For the most part, I've found everybody to be helpful, and most of them to be knowledgable.

If I ask someone something and they don't know the answer, they've been quick to find someone who does know the answer.

They have a great selection of fish/inverts for good prices. I think their coral selection is rather poor, though. I've let the manager know, and he said it's because whenever they do get nice pieces in, they're expensive, and the random reefer won't buy it and it just sits there for months until an employee finally buys it.

But yeah, I've given them lots of my money and for the most part, had very good experiences.

There have been a few times where less than knowledgable people have given me bad info.

In one experience, a girl there sold me a rainford goby and didn't say anything about how it needed a large established tank and that it wouldn't eat prepared foods. I found that out the hard way.

And another time, one guy told my gf and I that seahorses were very easy to care for and didn't need anything special except a decent amount of space. That's also pretty wrong.

But otherwise, I'd give them a thumbs up. However, I doubt I'd go there again for coral (although they often get nice clams)

Back