Powder brown tang has ich! Help!

I think everyone has covered your options as far as treating the fish and keeping them out of the display fr 8012 weeks vs living with ick. I will add that I also have nevr quaranitned fish ging into my tanks either and very rarely ever see ick and that ends to be just after a new fish is added or something and stress goes up.

What I will add is that one thing you can ty if the powder brown is getting bullied and you want to try to keep him is to re-arrange the rock work a bit. This helps to get rid of territorial issues for fish that are already established and sometimes can do the trick.

Lastly I would make sure you are feeding a good amount of algae/greens to the tangs regularly. Mine get nori, lettuce, formula2 and garlic soaked mysis daily.

Add also that the tank is very young. Cycled and mature are 2 different things. Cycled means you have no detectable nitrate or ammonia. Mature is your tanks ability to process added bio load effectively. My tank has been up for 4 years. I wouldn't add a pair of tangs at the same time regardless of size.

Fast is a 4 letter word in this hobby.

Add also that the tank is very young. Cycled and mature are 2 different things. Cycled means you have no detectable nitrate or ammonia. Mature is your tanks ability to process added bio load effectively. My tank has been up for 4 years. I wouldn't add a pair of tangs at the same time regardless of size.

Fast is a 4 letter word in this hobby.
Most info I have seen says add tang last at the same time to avoid aggression if adding multiples. Tank obviously needs to be of adequate size to accommodate them.

Most info I have seen says add tang last at the same time to avoid aggression if adding multiples. Tank obviously needs to be of adequate size to accommodate them.

Agreed. I added both my Powder Brown & Kole Tang to my 125 at the same time and they have had no issues at all. And yes, the tank needs to be able to large enough for both!

Back