pygmy angel sick?

nickyblase

Non-member
My pygmy angel had a very mild case of ich for a few days (onset was only a couple days after I brought him home, so I'm guessing it may be stress induced by new surroundings). Left him in the tank (didn't want to move him to cause more stress). Lowered the salinity gradually (from 1.023 to 1.020), and kept the tank at about 80 degrees.

Well, the white spots are gone, but now he's got 2 small holes on him right where the body meets the tail. I've been trying to get a photo of it to post, but this sucker is ELUSIVE!!!!

Are these 2 holes part of the ich process - i.e. is he getting worse when I thought he was getting better? Is it unrelated and very serious? I've only got 3 other dolcile fish in the tank, so I'm sure it isn't them going after him (green chromis, perc, and yellow watchman).

Any ideas?

Unless they were there before and I didn't notice it, what could have done it? All I have in the tank is the fish mentioned above, an emerald crab, an electric blue crab, a serpent star, a purple lobster, a couple shrimp, and the basic other members of the clean up crew.

Did he get nipped by something, or does anyone know of a disease that does this? I tried to do a search and didn't find anything.

There are diseases that cause holes in the flesh or in the head. Might be worth asking in the RC fish-disease forum, or someone around here might have more specific ideas.

Back