Q about a Euroreef skimmer

dpnshnks

Non-member
Wow, slow Sat. night, I've got nothing else to do but think about my fish tank! :p So, here's my second problem of the night; I just plopped a C6-2 skimmer into my sump, got it up and running. For clarification, by just, I mean yesterday evening. The manual implies that it should be skimming quite a bit and I have yet to see a drop come out of this thing. I've put the riser up, I've lowered it, I've even tried it in the middle! Nothing!!! Is my tank just that clean that nothing needs to be skimmed out?!? ;) Skim, damn you, SKIM!!!

Eric

Did you give it a good rinse in fresh water before setting it up? It might take a day or two if you did. If you did not, it could take a week for it to start skimming. There are oils and "stuff" left on the skimmer that have to be washed off. Don't worry in a few days, your problem will be holding your nose when you dump the cup.

There a little kalk in the collection cup after you empty it. The kalk will stop the smell from building up too bad.

Hmm...fresh water dip, eh? Nope, just plopped it in sans any dipping. It's making plenty of bubbles (which are almost as much fun to look at as the fish/corals), just nothing coming out. Thanks for the info on the oils, PenMan, if it doesn't work in a week, I'll yell at my LFS! :p

you have to leave the riser pipe down for 4 hours when you first run the skimmer then you can raise it up.same thing happened to me after i left it down for the required time it skimms like crazy.good luck

Jay

Just hang out and wait a bit longer, don't keep making adjustments.

Set it so that the bubble water mix comes to the middle of the big unuion (where the collection cup attaches to the body). Just wait, skimmers take a few days to begin operating normally. Be patient and it will work great.

Back