RBTA blocks off entrance to Midas Blenny's hidey hole. With him inside LOL.

gweston

Non-member
.. wish I got pics damnit ..

Came home to find my Midas Blenny in his favorite hidey hole (a cluster of barnacles). The problem.... one of my two RBTA's moved and took residence right over his hole. Mr Midas was stuck inside.

I suspect he was like that for about 5 hours. He wasn't suffocated, but certainly wasn't happy about his situation.

I lifted up the barnacle cluster.. and slowly worked at the RBTA's foot. I couldn't get the anemone off as it wedged itself quite well ... but I managed to agitate it enough to get it to shift position and expose the blenny.

Now... Mr Midas didn't want out of his hole. It was HIS and he was staying IN there.

I put the lot of them in the back corner of the tank. Less light over there. I figured I'd cut the light off to the anemone and it would move. The lights then went out for the night.

This morning he found his way back to another barnacle cluster and found a new hole to house in. The anemone is still in the corner, and blocking the entrance to his old house again.

Was he looking for a snack? I had read that someone (can't remember what forum) had a starfish (can't remember what kind) that camped out over his jawfish's hole preventing him from eating until the jawfish died and then crawled in and ate it!

Back