RBTA-looking for a good place to call home

aiaman

Non-member
so I replaced my green bta's with this rbta last Saturday.
Now I would have thought that a bta's requirements were all the same, bright light, good flow but it must need something more. My new rbta took-off from where my prior gbta's were and moved under a ledge. I was concerned and took the tank apart looking for him. I then rotated the ledge so he'd be in the front of my dt and not still in the back. BTW-the back of my tank has no lighting except for incidental but does have some flow but not great.
The photo shows that it is still located under a ledge but protruding outward.
I know they move but I wish it would go back on the top so my clown would find it.
Then I remember seeing a photo of another reefer's rbta and that too was hiding.
Is this normal for them to hide? I would have thought they would need more lighting to keep their coloration. I know, I have to give it time.
attachment.php

They are moody, it's probably just adjusting to the tank.

I have a bunch of them in my display, and at any given time I will have some hiding, some out in the open, some kind of shriveled, and some fully extended.

You can use the needle point mesh to wrap the powerheads if you are worried about it wandering into it.

Not to hijack this thread but im curious on how you guys get anemones to not blow all over your tanks.I've had 2 not btas in my tank and it just seems there is to much flow for them.ive tuned my power heads of to get them to attach but when they do I turn then back on and they unattach and start blowing around in the current so I eventually gave up on them but stol would love to have one in my tank

A lower flow spot with lots of light... they will find it. If they are happy there they will stay and not move for a longer period of time. Both my green and red BTA's haven't moved in a year (knock on wood fingers crossed)

I have found they dont move once they find a place where they are happy wrt light and flow.........................

Back