red spot spreading thought out my tank :( !!!!

rpedro04

Non-member
I dont know what this is but its read and its spreading through out the tank and all over the corals causing stress and killing them over time.
Does anyone know what this is...i have never seen this before.My tank has been established for a couple years and the last thing i added to the tank was a zoo colony from Jay's Aquatics....
Please get back to me if you have any knowledge about this problem...thanks in advance.

its light red,not slimy,it looks hard and its in the sand,rocks and in the base of the button polyps and zoos .If i point water flow directly to it ,it flow out of the corals and rock but later comes back....weird and looks like its moving if i look up close.
I dont think its cyano,i have had that before,this is something different....
Can i get ride of it?

large water changes for nutrient export, sometimes increased flow depending on tank. people also say if your bulbs get old and out of spectrum it can contribute i dont know how true that is though

there is also a chemical remedy, i dont know the name, but people add chemicals as a last resort. plus if you dont fix what went wrong first, you'll probably end back up with it, but it's your tank

large water changes for nutrient export, sometimes increased flow depending on tank. people also say if your bulbs get old and out of spectrum it can contribute i dont know how true that is though

there is also a chemical remedy, i dont know the name, but people add chemicals as a last resort. plus if you dont fix what went wrong first, you'll probably end back up with it, but it's your tank

hes says not cayano
thats what you are treating for right?

really need a pic
whats your water par
allmost kinda sounds like flat worms. if it small spots every were? but again pics pics pics help a lot

Really sounds like flat worms.or are the really tiny could be red bugs.If it's red bugs you need interceptor dog wormer.if it's flat worms use flat worm exit.But really need pics to tell for sure.That's why it's a good idea to dip them before you put new corals in the display tank

Last edited:
no one can exactly id what your problem is without seeing it. I would post a pic first and then your water specs and tank details

Thanks everyone for the help...
I just did a research online and it seams like i have red bugs but i will try to get a good pic later so you guys can take a look....
Thanks again

If it were "red bugs" you would only find them ON acropora corals, and you would barely be able to see them.

Flatworms are much more likely. They look kind of like little pac man ghosts slithering across the glass. Do a google image search and see what you come up with.

You're right,i just saw them for the first time in the tank's glass on its side and they look like how you describe them...

If it were "red bugs" you would only find them ON acropora corals, and you would barely be able to see them.

Flatworms are much more likely. They look kind of like little pac man ghosts slithering across the glass. Do a google image search and see what you come up with.

Thanks everyone for all the help.
I good friend who is a very experience hobbyist came over and identify the little red guys as flat worms and they are getting treated with flat worm exit from salifert ...
Thanks again ...

Back