RedSea Coral Pro Salt Users Thread

Mr.Rodrigo502

Non-member
Thought it would be nice to make a thread for RSCP salt users so we can find out more info on this salt, its pros and cons, deals so on........
So I've been using this salt and i love it and wouldn't change it for any other salt, not becuase of the name brand, but because of the results im getting out of it, and less dosing. I've noticed many reefers switching over to this salt and just want to know whats ur experience with it and where everyone is getting there salt from? and how fast do they ship it to u.

i called several lfs and they want $70 plus for a 175g mix bucket
and 200g bag for $70 also

My personal experience is that i have excelent growth in my tank. not only with corals but ive noticed better colors on my fish. i dont know if it has anything to do with the type of salt i use so my fish have excelent colors but my tank's colors look so good when i switch from reef crystals.

my levels 1 day after 40g water change on 250g system

nitrates 10ppm ( I have 10 tangs ) :D
phos 0
calcium 450ppm
alkalinity 10
magnesium 1450ppm

the levels are very stable, i dont have crazy calcium consumers but i really dont dose because when i do my Sunday water changes the levels raise up to where they are suppose to be, then i test it on monday afternoon to see where are my levels at.

i also order my salt online...usually i google and check who has the best deal and if possible with free shipping to ur door.....lol

Underwaterworld sells the 200g bags for $60

It's the only salt I have used so I can't make claims against others but I have no reason to change.

Ive been using it since October and have had awesome results. My only complaint is that you really need to mix slowly to avoid CA precipitation. I have had great color and growth in an SPS dominated tank. Def interested in group buys.

I've tried just about every type out there except for tropic and I keep going back to RS. Levels are always good, mixes clear quick, and stabilizes in a relatively short time.

Worth the few bucks extra over other brands in my mind.

i just did my first W/C with it so cant say yet BUT i amd doesing the reef color and have to say that the color in my coral has changed and look great

Changed over to the Red Sea about 6 months ago after using IO for 11years, all I can say is WOW..............KCA in Auburn (when in stock) goes for $54.99.

Underwaterworld sells the 200g bags for $60

Are you sure? Called when I was in the area to make sure some was in stock and he said no, the buckets (175g) where $60.

Before i even set up my tank, i didnt want to cheap out on salt so i bought a 175g bucket from BulkReefSupply. I dont remember how much it was, but i think it was about $55, i got it with free shipping because i bought a bunch of other stuff. I think Amazon.com sells it too, and if it is sold by amazon, they probably have the most competitive price online. I love this stuff its easy to mix, i use about half a cup per gallon. It mixes well and all my Mg/Ca/Dkh/Ph are all spot on. I like how it claims its harvested from the red sea, it just feels better if its from a natural source and not synthetic. I may have misread or that may be a false claim im not sure, but it said it on the bucket. I also like this salt because Redsea is a pretty reputable company, i love their test kits also.

I think components may come from the Red Sea but I understand this mix as highly synthetic. Meaning, they add quite a bit to increase levels for optimal coral growth.

I think components may come from the Red Sea but I understand this mix as highly synthetic. Meaning, they add quite a bit to increase levels for optimal coral growth.

Yeah i didnt think it came right from the redsea and into a bucket for sale lol but i just thought it was cool idk. I know they have to do alot to it to make sure it gives the right parameter balance.

seems like everyone is having positive results.......... id be willing to start a group buy..... seems like kca in auburn has the best deal huh......its a 45 min drive from my location.....maybe we can set up a group buy with them.....................

id be willing to start a group buy..... seems like kca in auburn has the best deal huh......its a 45 min drive from my location.....maybe we can set up a group buy with them.....................

Tried once...............epic fail!!! Had a bunch say their interested but once I said call and place your order they never received one phone call. I know B from Unique (Skipton's) MIGHT (again MIGHT) be able to set-up a group buy but someone would have to reach out to him and inquire.

Tried once...............epic fail!!! Had a bunch say their interested but once I said call and place your order they never received one phone call. I know B from Unique (Skipton's) MIGHT (again MIGHT) be able to set-up a group buy but someone would have to reach out to him and inquire.
yea i remember that group buy....i guess it fell through................. weird because there was alot of people interested too.......i remember i wanted 4 boxes. i need alot...just 1 -175g bucket lasts me 1 month. what if we contact redsea direct? though i think u would have to be a dealer to purchase direct from them.

I have been using RSCP for well over a year and I agree with Mr.Rodrigo that I would't change it for any other salt. Great color,growth since I switched. The salt tests very true to the label claims in regards to calcium,mag, and dkh content. It also mixes quick,no need to wait.. I had been ordering online, but I always seem to have the bad luck of getting the cracked,leaking bucket from being tossed around by UPS. I even got a mystery bucket once that was completely repacked by UPS. I got a free bucket out of it from MarineDepot at least. I try to make a local purchase when I come across it. I am down for a group buy if anyone sets one up.

As far as I know we cannot purchase directly through Red Sea but never hurts to ask. If they do allow us would proably have to move a skid (41 bags I believe) AND pay for all of it up front :(
I just grabbed 2 buckets online ($55+free shipping and no tax) but always looking for more.

As far as I know we cannot purchase directly through Red Sea but never hurts to ask. If they do allow us would proably have to move a skid (41 bags I believe) AND pay for all of it up front :(
I just grabbed 2 buckets online ($55+free shipping and no tax) but always looking for more.

They would never allow that.

I have a Used The red sea pro for 6 months best mix out of any salt no residua..
Red Sea would never sell to public
its worth 60 to me to help the lps!
Tropic marine Had better color less growth
The red sea rep i talked to at MACNA said its more of a coral growth salt then a coral color intensifier salt...

i have been using this salt for about 6 months also...i do partial water changes weekly and have seen great results in both my tanks. It costs 59.99 for the 175 bucket at underwater world in taunton.

Back