reef tank in bedroom?

I used the Berlin H.O. skimmer, pumped the water in from my sump and the water just ran into the tank. Like I said, it wasn't silent but just a humming sound. After a day or two, you don't even hear it anymore. I also put a valve on the input which would regulate the amount of water output. That way if I wanted it could turn down to be even quieter.

Yes I use the Bak Pak skimmer on mine, and it's not too noisy, I really like having it in my room, it blocks alot of other noises that might otherwise wake me up in the night. The only time something gets loud is when a silly snail likes to crawl into a spot between a powerhead and the glass, and it rattles like nuts. But that doesnt happen alot.

Stang8s,
I used the same Maxi Jet 1200 on the Bak-Pak that I'm currently using on the Remora. Once the Remora passed the break in period, it got even quieter.

If anyone is thinking about buying one, they're more than welcome to stop by my house and listen to it.

Steve

Mr. Slippery said:
So basically with it set up like this, it's backs up the flow in the drain so that it fills entirely with water, not letting any air go down with the water?
Yep, that's it.
How much do you think it cuts down on turnover?

it doesn't affect the return pump at all, so turn over is exactly the same as any other way of plumbing the drain.

canister filter

if your looking for a canister filter i have an fluval 404 olny used about 4 months.
trade for soft corals or large rock

Thanks for all the advise. I am in the process of setting it up. I do have a AquaC remora, and I am buying another one. The noise is bare-able.

Back