Reefkeeper set up issue Help please

reefstarter

Non-member
So I picked up a reefkeeper , played with it till I thought I understood how to program it ( didn't seem that hard ) All I want it to do right now is control tank temp . So I should be able to go in alarms , program the set point have it trip to off when temp exceeds 78 . simple right ? Then why does it not shut off the PC4 socket #1 which I have my heaters plugged in to ? Need help with this asap as I can't leave here till I know its working . or I'll have boiled fish and corals

Heaters work in the bottom socket. There are a lot of good walkthroughs out there just Google them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So I picked up a reefkeeper , played with it till I thought I understood how to program it ( didn't seem that hard ) All I want it to do right now is control tank temp . So I should be able to go in alarms , program the set point have it trip to off when temp exceeds 78 . simple right ? Then why does it not shut off the PC4 socket #1 which I have my heaters plugged in to ? Need help with this asap as I can't leave here till I know its working . or I'll have boiled fish and corals

I don't think you want the alarm function.
I think you want to be in the controller function.

Ok as far as controlling it (programing ) I think I have it . I assume socket #1 for the heater since that one clicked on when I hit save . still not sure its right but we'll see in an hour . or less once the temp hits its target , pray to the reef gods it works or this will be a looooooong night

been a tough week , cyno , possible dino , heater issues . afraid to ask whats next lol

Welcome to our addiction, reef keeping.
Check out digital aquatics web page there is a forum with tons of walkthroughs. That's what used when I first got mine.

Did you set it up using the Heater or Controller function?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Ok as far as controlling it (programing ) I think I have it . I assume socket #1 for the heater since that one clicked on when I hit save . still not sure its right but we'll see in an hour . or less once the temp hits its target , pray to the reef gods it works or this will be a looooooong night
As a fail safe, do your heaters have a built in thermostat?

I set it up using controller set on heater . and yes they have thier own thermostats , but those are not very reliable at best . never seen one actually hit its mark Kind of like aquastats on boilers lol

I set it up using controller set on heater . and yes they have thier own thermostats , but those are not very reliable at best . never seen one actually hit its mark Kind of like aquastats on boilers lol
That is correct, but it is always good to have them in case the controller fails.

Back